I try my best to help everyone but there are limits I crossed in the past (working 60 h/week or debugging in bed at 2 am) that I’m not willing to cross again. Please remember that :
- photography might be your hobby but it is my job,
- there is one of me and many of you,
- I enjoy vacations and week-end as much as you do,
- office hours are 10:00 – 19:00, Paris local time (UTC+02), Monday to Friday.
There already is a fair deal of information around on Ansel’s usage. As Ansel is based on darktable 4.0, most tutorials on darktable 4.x (and 3.x, to a lesser extent) are still relevant, even though the GUI may be slightly different.
- Try to use the public channels above as much as possible, in order to leave archives that can be indexed by search engines and found later to help other people,
- Try to use search engines as much as possible because there are good chances that your problem already has a solution, for the aforementionned reason,
- As a last resort, if your pictures are personal or sensitive and you don’t want to post them on the internet :
WarningPlease upload your files on my private cloud instead of using third-party hosting services with an expiration date : there is no guaranty I will download the files in time and it keeps things tidy for me.
Don’t stay alone with your problems and directly book the developer to get personalized solutions. Support is given through video-conferencing with screen-sharing or on the premium group.
If you are considering joining forces for development and debugging, here is how I work.