Create areas or locations and organize them as hierarchical tags.
A location is shown as a shape on the map when selected. Initially each location is represented as a square or circle and can be changed to a rectangle or ellipse by adjusting the shape’s width and/or height.
A location can also be created from an OpenStreetMap region (city/country) polygon. To achieve this, first make sure the max polygon points parameter is large enough (some country polygons use more than 150,000 points). Then select the desired location in the find location module. When the corresponding region shape is displayed, a polygon symbol becomes available in the “shape” control (see below). Select it to create the new location.
Each location is stored as tag entry under the geotagging collection in the collections module. The pipe “|” character can be used to insert a new level (a group of locations).
- Select the circle or rectangle symbol to choose the default shape for new locations. A polygon symbol is available when a shape is displayed by the find location module.
- new location / new sub-location
- When no location is selected you can use the new location button to create a location at root level. When a location is selected use the new sub-location button to create a sub-location within the selected location.
- show all
- Show or hide all locations that lie within the visible area of the current map.
- Select or de-select a location. If the location is not currently visible on the map, the map is automatically centered on that location.
- Edit the name of the location. Press Enter to save changes or Esc to close the editing window without saving.
- Open a sub-menu which allows you to:
- Edit the name of the location.
- Delete the location.
- Update the filmstrip – the filmstrip will be populated with all images in the selected location.
- Switch to the lighttable view and show a collection that contains all images in the selected location.
Note: The following actions have no effect on polygon locations.
- click and drag
- Move the location shape to a new position on the map.
- Ctrl+click or Ctrl+Shift+click
- Move an image or a group of images and place them inside a location shape.
- mouse scroll
- When inside a location shape (but not over an image), increase or decrease the size of that shape.
- When hovering over an image, cycle through the thumbnails of images located at that position on the map.
- When outside a location shape (and not over an image) zoom the map in or out.
- Increase or decrease the width of the location shape.
- Increase or decrease the height of the location shape.
- click on a location shape
- Select a different location when the show all checkbox is selected.